[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup] Win32 port

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 17:15:12 GMT 2005

Hi Gary,

>> What I intend to do, unless there are any objections, is to
>> unmerge that  patch from (my copy of) the win32 tree, to avoid
>> mixing win32 patches with
>> other unrelated patches.
>
> Good point, I think that's the way to go as well. However, let me know
> if you want those changes in the next version of boxbackup at all (I
> would recommend the KeepAliveTime, since without it 4GB file diffing
> becomes unmanageable - either the SLL layer fails up, or you are
> restricted to 300 seconds of diffing time, in which case uploads are
> enormous).

I think it would be a great idea to get them into Subversion and review
them - separately from the win32 patch. If they look good then I don't see
why we shouldn't merge them.

> If so, should I create a branch in SVN or you guys want to handle that?

I'd be happy for you to go ahead and create the branch. Makes it easier
for all of us to see what everyone is doing and how to order the merges.

We should also get a clean copy of 0.09 into SVN to compare it with and
generate patches against.