[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup] Win32 port

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 18:50:39 GMT 2005

Hi Charles,

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Charles Lecklider wrote:

> Sleep is a Windows API call which takes a number of milliseconds to
> sleep. It really should be Sleep(0) - that gives up the timeslice,
> rather than entering a kernel wait for all of 1ms. Same effect, more
> friendly to the system.

Thanks for spotting that. Shows how much I know about the Win32 API :-)

Anyway, if we want the timeout to work properly, shouldn't we keep track
of wall clock time rather than assuming that the system will sleep for
exactly 1ms, or whatever a timeslice happens to be? Anyone know a Win32
API function to get the wall clock time with millisecond resolution or
better?