[Box Backup-dev] Win32 port

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 00:30:47 GMT 2005

Hi all,

The original patch (Martin's test tree against 0.08) was actually 8909
lines. I don't know how I got my original 4,700 line figure; perhaps it
was wishful thinking ;-)

After a mammoth patching session, I've got the diff down to 5682 lines
(http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/win32/11-code-cleanups/ against
0.08). Excluding files newly added, this drops to 1952 lines.

I think it's starting to get to the point where we could apply it to the
trunk without major conflicts and without including too much unrelated
stuff. It's also starting to get to the point where it can be reviewed in
about 2 hours, compared to about 8 hours before (hint hint :-)

The next major drop would be from dropping the Berkeley DB4 support, if we
decide to go ahead with that. Anyway, I hope to complete a trial merge
against Martin's autoconf branch tomorrow.

Now, after about 14 hours straight coding, I think it's time for me to
sleep :-)