[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup] Win32 port

Gary boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 17:36:33 GMT 2005

Chris,

> 2. Nick's BackupClientContext.cpp also includes a bunch of
> stuff related to maximum diffing time and SSL keepalives
> (BackupClientContext::SetMaximumDiffingTime). Is this already
> included in someone else's patches (perhaps Gary's?), and
> should I consider it part of the Win32 port or break it out?
> It's also only enabled on Win32
> if this is important then perhaps we should make it
> cross-platform?

The stuff you mention is completely independent of the Win32 branch,
and is a part of my own mod. It is enabled in Win32 only (and not
vanilla 0.9) since Nick was running into the very same problem I did,
and we both needed a QFE ;) to make boxbackup usable in our
environments.

Note that I was unable to find a reliable and cross-platform way to set
a timeout for the SLL layer, hence the codebase-invasive interruption
of the diffing process, and subsequent execution of a client/server
KeepAlive() command (to have some packets move over the SLL link). As
to importance... it depends on the environment that you run boxbackup
in. For me (large files, slow upload links) is crucial to the point of
boxbackup being unusable...

Gary