[Box Backup-dev] Reviewing code -- help!

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 16:03:35 GMT 2005

On 9 Dec 2005, at 15:56, James O'Gorman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> [ I'm actually replying to one of Martin's emails, but I've only
> just joined the list since spotting said email on the web archives.
> Sorry if I'm breaking anyone's threading here by replying to Ben's
> email.. ]
>
> Just a quick question about the bootstrap script - is this the only
> way to do it? I only ask really because I maintain the FreeBSD port
> and it's got me thinking about how I'd actually run that from the
> port's Makefile.
>
> I guess something like
>
> pre-build:
> 	${SH} {WRKSRC}/bootstrap
>
> might work.
>
> Is there anyone on this list who knows about the internals of
> FreeBSD's ports infrastructure and whether the existing Autoconf
> macros in that would work better than running the bootstrap script?

As I understand it, the distribution archive will have a configure
script in it built from bootstrap. So you'll just run ./configure
with autoconf style arguments, and everything will work out nicely.

OpenBSD ports has special handling for autoconf configures which
makes it lovely and easy to use. Perhaps FreeBSD does too?