[Box Backup-dev] COMMIT r216 - in box/chris/win32/merge/07-win32-fixes: . infrastructure lib/common lib/win32 test/common

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 23:30:54 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 23:10 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2005, at 23:04, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> > The commit emails don't appear to be working properly - I'm missing at
> > least half the revisions by the looks of it.
>
> They're too big and are getting blocked by the mailing list software.

Ach. Limit seems to be set fairly low then, because some of the changes
aren't that big.

I don't know if you're already on to this, but 3 solutions spring to
mind:

1. If possible let the list have an exception for messages from svn.

2. Set up a boxbackup-commits list which can only be posted to by svn
(with reply-to set to boxbackup-dev) and has no limit. Quite a few
projects do this.

3. Hack the perl commit hook to only include the diff if not too big,
otherwise just a file list.

I can probably help with the third one if you like, obviously not the
other two though.

Cheers,

Martin.