[Box Backup-dev] Testing on Gentoo/PPC64

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 00:03:25 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 22:50 +0000, Jonathan Morton wrote:
> This is probably one of the more unusual platforms going - even most G5
> owners run Gentoo/PPC32 userspace with a 64-bit kernel - but I suspect the
> problems I encountered are universal.
>
> 1) Autoconf failed to locate the Berkeley DB that was installed.

Do you have BDB 1.85 compatibility installed? eg. You should have
db_185.h somewhere. Also you should have libdb-1.so installed, or
alternatively libdb4-x.so or libdb.so should define __db185_open.

If you can work out where it should have found BDB then I can fix it.
Now that the BDB 4 support is in trunk I plan to modify configure to use
that in preference of 185 anyhow.

> 2) Building failed with an incorrect package setup.  I suspect that this
> is because version.txt (or similar) is missing from SVN.
>
> 3) Raidfile tests failed.  Everything else passed.

Sounds the same as I had before merging the win32 code. Probably a bug
in one of the earlier patches somewhere.

Cheers,

Martin.