[Box Backup-dev] Getting trunk ready for release

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 16:38:57 GMT 2005

On 15 Dec 2005, at 16:34, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi all,

>>> I trust this won't involve nasty operator overloading fo I/O. :-)
>>
>> LOL
>
> Is it even possible to use ostream sensibly without operator<<? My C
> ++ book says it's the only defined interface for writing formatted
> output to an ostream.

Wonderful. So some stupid example in a textbook just to demonstrate
that operator overloading can be used to do things other than the
operations that the operators imply (with all the potential for
confusion, bugs, etc that that entails) is now going to pollute this
project with it's idiocy?

Lovely.