[Box Backup-dev] BackupDaemon refactoring

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 16:44:50 GMT 2005

Hi all,

In order to make Boxi more powerful and easier to use, and lacking a
status protocol for Box Backup to report progress, I've had to make Boxi
link directly to Box Backup, working with the BackupClient* classes.

In order to do this, I've had to duplicate significant amounts of the
BackupDaemon code in Boxi. A lot of that code has changed in trunk with
the win32 port, and now needs to be copied back into Boxi.

I'd like to reduce the code duplication, but I don't really want to create
an instance of the BackupDaemon. I was wondering if it might be OK to move
the code that sets up locations and calls BackupClient* out of
BackupDaemon and into a new class, maybe BackupManager, that I can use
instead?