[Box Backup-dev] [OT] Autoconf nesting

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 17:23:39 GMT 2005

Hi all (especially Martin :-),

Does anyone have any experience of building an autoconfiscated project
with another one inside it? Can you point me to relevant useful resources?

I'm having issues with Boxi, which includes Box Backup as a sub-project,
now that BB is autoconfiscated. In particular, BB's config.h conflicts
with my own (redefining PACKAGE_NAME, etc). and I'm not able to use all
the libraries that BB detected for itself (which I need for linking).

I'm thinking it would be nice, if possible, to include most (but not all)
of BB's configure.ac in Boxi's configure.in file, but I don't know how
feasible that is, or whether it creates other subtle traps. I can't
include the whole thing because Boxi and BB both call AC_INIT.

Thanks in advance for your help.