[Box Backup-dev] [OT] Autoconf nesting

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 18:11:23 GMT 2005

On 15 Dec 2005, at 17:33, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
>> Could you not include Boxi as another binary built within the Box
>> Backup buildsystem?
>
> I possibly could, but the changes would be quite invasive to BB,
> and the license situation might then become trickier. I'd probably
> have to distribute Boxi as a patch to BB, and Boxi is GPL'ed, but
> BB is under a BSD-like license. Also, I'm not sure how to do it.

Symlink your sources to bin/boxi, add a suitable line to modules.txt
(which also mentions the libraries you need), add some stuff on ./
configure if you need to have additional header search paths, and
you're good to go.

You could make your build script do that automatically. Or the more
complicated one of symlinking all of the Box Backup stuff into your
directory.