[Box Backup-dev] COMMIT r255 - in box/chris/win32/vc2005-compile-fixes/lib: common compress server win32

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 00:02:33 GMT 2005

On 20 Dec 2005, at 22:59, subversion at fluffy.co.uk wrote:

> Author: chris
> Date: 2005-12-20 22:59:29 +0000 (Tue, 20 Dec 2005)
> New Revision: 255
>
> Modified:
> [snip]
> Log:
> First set of Visual C++ 2005 compile fixes (not tested on any other
> platform)

Eeek. You need to be careful with that -- IOStream and it's
subclasses are rather fundamental. I think your changes will break 64
bit platforms as CollectInBufferStream hasn't had all it's function
signatures changed int to size_t.

I deliberately used int for sizes in IOStream functions, as I thought
these frequently used functions should use arithmetic on the most
natural integer size for the platform.

But maybe my time as an assembly language programmer are distorting
my view of reality in theses days when a VM is seen as a good plan.

Anyway, that's the reason for using that type for sizes.