[Box Backup-dev] More wiki vandalism

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 19:32:56 GMT 2005

On 23 Dec 2005, at 13:57, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Your wiki is being destroyed by bots. The Help and Contents pages
> are gone and not recoverable (unless they never existed in the
> first place - the oldest available versions are blank).

I don't think they ever existed.

> I think the wiki will become unusable unless you start restricting
> changes to registered users.

Yes, it is an unfortunate thing. However, I note by looking in recent
changes that some bots are registering users.

Interestingly enough, there have been massive numbers of changes, but
only in the Talk pages. I suppose in your average wiki these will go
unnoticed, but will be found by search engines.