[Box Backup-dev] Problem/unportability with malloc(0) on AIX

Stefan Norlin boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 18:02:52 BST 2006

> Clues such as where it is called from in this case and why it is 0 if
> you uncovered any would all be helpful.

Of course, should have been a bit more specific from the start.

I run bbackupquery towards a newly created account and use the "ls"
command to list files (which there aren't any since the account is new).

So, I guess it occurs when there are no directory entries to be read
from the stream.

The call is from BackupQueries.cpp in this section:

        // Retrieve the directory from the stream following
        BackupStoreDirectory dir;
        std::auto_ptr<IOStream> dirstream(mrConnection.ReceiveStream());

        // THIS CALL CAUSES THE EXCEPTION, Stefan
        dir.ReadFromStream(*dirstream, mrConnection.GetTimeout());

        // Then... display everything
        BackupStoreDirectory::Iterator i(dir);

Stefan