[Box Backup-dev] Reviewing code

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 16:37:53 BST 2006

Hi Charles,

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Charles Lecklider wrote:

> a) Cygwin. For me, needing any part of Cygwin to compile something for
> Windows instantly puts it in the "damn, I suppose we have to support
> bloody Windoze too; let's make it work like unix" category.

By the way, it should definitely be possible to compile Box on Windows
without ANY cygwin support, primarily because you requested it in the
past, and Nick supplied the beginnings of an underlying infrastructure in
win32.bat. You do need Perl and SVN command-line tools installed though.
Please see the "Compile with Visual C" page on the wiki:

[http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Compile_With_Visual_C]