[Box Backup-dev] wiki page changes

Stefan Norlin boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 21:19:27 BST 2006

> Commercially it seems more common to develop on the release branch and
> merge to trunk but then they often do significant development on
> branches and maintain several of them for long periods of time. Open
> source tends to be more fast moving and work the other way round.

That is a good point. However, from what I had seen so far of the box
development and due to the nature of this particular piece of software
(being a backup software) it looked like the life-cycle would be quite
similar to some of our commercial products as opposed to some very
feature-rich, PHP-style, open source projects that change dramatically
from month to month. :)

Anyway, I am totally with you. Just wanted to fuel the discussion a bit. ;-)

Stefan