[Box Backup-dev] Repository downtime

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 23:20:29 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 21:54 +0100, James O'Gorman wrote:
> Not quite sure what to do about the existing wiki pages though.
> Obviously the existing wiki will still be there, but I have no idea if
> it's possible to migrate from MediaWiki to Trac, save manually copying
> everything (thereby losing all revision history).

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracFaq#can-i-convert-mediawiki-pages-to-trac

Not entirely helpful though. The python script looks uninspiring and
no-one seems to have written a suitable Wiki Processor yet.

I guess the main options are:

  1. Leave the wiki where it is. Would moving it benefit us?

  2. See how far you get with the script.

  3. Group effort to cut & paste and convert.

None of those strike me as clearly the best. Mediawiki's pretty good but
we get a lot of spam trouble and it doesn't seem to be well maintained,
so that could be a good reason to move.

I don't think the history's all that important for the wiki. It's still
pretty new anyway, so there's not much of it.

Cheers,

Martin.