[Box Backup-dev] Ticket submision howto

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 18:45:55 BST 2006

On 11/8/06 18:28, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 17:11 +0100, James O'Gorman wrote:
>> I'm also trying to find out if it's possible to customise the ticket
>> notification emails...
>
> Ooh, pray tell.

Well, I noticed that it was setting the subject to [Project name]
#TicketNo: Description.

I've just hacked the python to remove the project name. It looked
unreadable given that the mailing list adds a similar thing.

I also removed the "name" from the From: header, so it's just
trac at fluffy.co.uk.

> Can we customise the fields on the form?

In more than one way - you can add your own custom fields to the form if
you like. I guess I'd have to update the database schema to match
though. I've not checked that too much yet :-)

> eg. We'll be needing 'trunk' in the version field at some point.
> There's more components than bbackupd and bbstored in box. bbackupctl,
> bbackupquery, scripts, all sorts depending on how far you want to go.
> Might be worth having one for the self tests?

Ben actually put those current values in. I think it's only restricted
to admins so myself or Ben can put those in (or I can grant more people
TRAC_ADMIN).

> Not sure about all the priority levels. blocker, critical, major, minor,
> trivial. Don't see the need for both critical and blocker - surely one
> implies the other? Be nice for priority to default to normal or
> something, most bugs aren't major. :)

Again, changeable by admins.

> The milestones want updating. 0.11, 0.12 and 0.20 would seem to be good
> bets at the moment.

You should be able to change/delete the existing ones? It's hard to know
what restrictions are in place when you can do everything :-)

James