[Box Backup-dev] make clean

Stefan Norlin boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 09:47:59 GMT 2006

> However, if we did this, it would no longer be possible to use "make" to
> do an incremental rebuild of box, because "make" fails if the parcels
> already exist, and "make clean" is the only target that just removes them
> (and not the built object files). I think that "make all" should not die
> if the parcels already exist, but delete or overwrite them.

Yeah, I just realize that the patch Martin committed for me that checks
if the parcel directory exists before creating it in fact confuses things a
bit
since then a "make" will be return silently even if source files have
changed.
Before an error message was generated "reminding" you to run "make clean"
first and then changed files were compiled...

However, the underlying problem seems to be the whole chain of
dependencies may need some rework...?

Stefan