[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup] Danish and other special chars

Gary boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 19:14:27 GMT 2006

> an array of bytes. The encoding used to store international characters in
> these byte arrays is probably system-dependent. I believe that

Well, so for things to work properly, the backup client o/s has to be the same as restore client
o/s. No cross-platform restores.

> Since when is MBCS ready for printf? I thought printf() could only take an
> ASCII byte array? Perhaps there is a unicode equivalent like _wprintf that
> we can use on Windows?

According to documentation for VS2K5, _tprintf evalues to printf for both SBCS and MBCS, and to
wprintf for UNICODE.

The question now is whether printf, having taken MBCS, properly outputs the (special) double-byte
sequences.

Gary