[Box Backup-dev] A new problem with diffing large files?

Gary boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 18:40:09 GMT 2006

> The data in each block is only compressed and encrypted just before
> it's required for sending to the server. Block sizes are small enough
> for this not to be a worry.

Yeah, that was my understanding as well. So, with server-side block compress+encrypt guaranteed
under 300 seconds (approx. default SSL timeout), and client-side KeepAlive() transmitting data
between client and the server over SLL during diff,

>>what else is there that could have probably failed?<<

Let's assume for the moment that a network timeout event has occured during upload (after a
successful diff). Shouldn't Box fail the whole upload in that case, and never report "Send
Finished()"? (as it did in my log file?).

Gary