[Box Backup-dev] A new problem with diffing large files?

Gary boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 18:48:26 GMT 2006

> Can I see the logs so I can tell what's going on there?
> ExtendedLogging preferred.

I will have another run at it, and see if I can replicate it with full logging.

> So you can repeat this with the latest server and latest client?

Will do.

> I must confess to being a little confused now.

Ok, here is my understanding: I think there are two large file problems that we are running into.
One problem, the SLL timeout during a large file diff, was occuring right after a diff finished,
and the client was starting to upload to the server (that's quite logical: diffing took too long,
and as soon as the client tried to upload, it failed). My 0.9-mod code took care of that problem
with KeepAlive()s. Yet, while running 0.9-mod recently, I ran into another problem with diffing
large files. This one was NOT occuring right after a diff was done, but AFTER Send Finished().
This is something new, or some kind of freak network problem.

Gary