[Box Backup-dev] RC3 test failures on SLES9 ppc64

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 21:02:09 GMT 2006

Hi Martin,

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Martin Ebourne wrote:

>> raidfile: FAILED: 6 tests failed
>
> The first failure is like so:
>
> Exception thrown: RaidFileException(FileIsDamagedNotRecoverable) at RaidFileRead.cpp(1420)
> FAILURE: Condition [list_matches(names, file_list1)] failed at testraidfile.cpp(840)
>
> Looks very likely that the failure is due to the raidfile store being
> corrupted. This sounds pretty serious and I think the only thing there
> is going to be get in and debug it.

I have no idea why, but the first time I ran configure, it detected
HAVE_VALID_DIRENT_D_TYPE. This is not true on this system: d_type is
always DT_UNKNOWN. This was causing the RaidFile tests to fail, because
they weren't finding any files.

Rerunning configure causes it to fail the test for
HAVE_VALID_DIRENT_D_TYPE, and all tests now pass.

Do you have any idea what could have caused that test to fail the first
time? Unfortunately, I don't have the configure logs any more, and I can't
reproduce the failure.