[Box Backup-dev] Errors with trunk client (Win32)

Roy boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 10:48:06 GMT 2006

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
>> I tried to run the client of box backup on Windows XP, but I get the
>> following error:
>> Communication error with control client: Server SocketAlreadyOpen
>> TRACE: Exception thrown: ServerException(SocketAlreadyOpen) at
>> d:\backup\box\boxbackup\lib\win32\winnamedpipestream.cpp(75)
>
> I need more information to reproduce this error, since I haven't seen
> it for a long time.
>
> * Which version of box were you running?
> * Did you build it yourself? Otherwise, which build was it?
> * What were you trying to do when you got that error? Running bbackupctl?
>   If so, with what command?
> * Was the error sent by bbackupctl or bbackupd?
> * Was bbackupd even running?
>
> Cheers, Chris.
Hi Chris,

This version is compiled with VS2003 from the trunk source of Sunday.
bbackupd was running (not in service mode, but just in a Dos-box), so I
could see what was happening.
The backup mode was snapshot, so I had to use the bbackupctl command to
issue a sync command to bbackupd. As soon as I issue that command the
error appears. The errors (very very many flashing down the screen, all
the same) are seen in the bbackupd window and when I kill that process
bbackupctl repeats that error one time.

I hope this is all information needed.

Cheers,

Roy