[Box Backup-dev] Objections to 0.10 release?

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 16:07:12 GMT 2006

Ben Summers <ben at fluffy.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone have any objections to a 0.10 release from trunk at r483?
>
> Looking over the test results, it seems good enough to me. There are
> a few minor issues, but nothing affecting major platforms.
>
> NetBSD is stuffed, of course. Martin -- can you commit something
> undefine HAVE_KQUEUE on NetBSD? I'm not sure what's the best way of
> doing this in the new autoconf system. After 0.10 we can do this
> properly by detecting the NetBSD way and doing something slightly
> different.

NetBSD has two issues kqueue and statfs. I don't have any access to
netbsd so can't make a tested fix. I sent emails on each of these
issues with half a patch & some guidance for someone with access to fix
these (neither should be hard) last night but they bounced. I'll resend
the emails if the list is now working again.

There's also the ssl configure patch which I think would help solaris
out. I have a (hopefully) fixed version I also tried to send last night.

I don't really mind you releasing as is, but if it is possible for
people to help out & fix these 3 issues in a couple of days I think it
would be better. I'm very wary of any more delays though so I'd be
inclined to put a short fixed time limit on that.

Cheers,

Martin.