[Box Backup-dev] COMMIT r483 - box/trunk/lib/common

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 16:15:40 GMT 2006

subversion at fluffy.co.uk wrote:
> +	// TODO: We really should get some decent leak detection code.

Not sure about all platforms, but certainly on linux with gcc 4 and
recent glibc there's a load of excellent new memory checking stuff
available at compile time (bounds checking on arrays, etc). Also leak
detection in glibc.

In addition it is possible to compile important processes (eg. network
facing servers) as PIC code so that they get run at a different address
every time, thus helping to negate exploits.

I hope to make use of all of this on box at some juncture.

Cheers,

Martin.