[Box Backup-dev] RC 3 testing: NetBSD 3.0 fails

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 17:52:43 GMT 2006

Per Thomsen <pthomsen at reedtz.com> wrote:
> There are several instances of pointer conversions that the compiler
> will not accept. To get the build working, I simply changed them to what
> worked. These are mostly related to the 'EV_SET' macro in <sys/event.h>.
> It might need to be ifdef'ed, or a macro created for each platform, or
> something.

Casting a pointer to an int is out of the question. We need to find a
better solution for these casts, but I don't think now's the time. If
you can knock together a short configure.ac patch that skips the kqueue
check on netbsd (should be about 3 lines) then we can go with that for
now.

> I'm relatively confident in the mount-point changes I made, but
> obviously would like feedback on it. There is a different way to do some
> of the changes I made (involving creating a macro for the statfs/statvfs
> call), and if you don't like the way it looks now, that's an easy change.

These look fine & I'll commit these unless anyone else raises issues.

Cheers,

Martin.