[Box Backup-dev] RC 3 testing: NetBSD 3.0 fails

Per Thomsen boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 05:33:24 GMT 2006

On 2/21/06 11:27 AM, Per Thomsen wrote:
> On 2/21/06 10:48 AM, Ben Summers wrote:
>
>> On 21 Feb 2006, at 18:41, Per Thomsen wrote:
>>
>>> When run individually, backupstorepatch passed (problem appeared to be a
>>> non-dying bbstored from a previous test).
>>>

>>> The bbackupd test, when run exits at this point in the test:
>>>
>>> [ 0 (of 0) differences probably due to file modifications after the last
>>> upload ]
>>> Differences: 0 (0 dirs excluded, 0 files excluded)
>>> ..
>>> Add files with current time
>>> --------
>>> bbackupd: Add files with current time
>>>

>>> I can't find a core file anywhere. I am re-running the test now.
>>>
> Here are the results (same as with HAVE_KQUEUE):
>
> : {240} grep -A 3 -B 3 FAIL debug-bbackupd-2.out
> [ 11 (of 12) differences probably due to file modifications after the
> last upload ]
> Differences: 12 (3 dirs excluded, 4 files excluded)
>
> FAILURE: Condition [compareReturnValue == 1*256] failed at
> testbbackupd.cpp(837)
> Rename directory
> waiting: ............Local file 'testfiles/TestDir1/apropos' exists, but
> store file '/Test1/apropos' does not exist.
> (the file above was modified after the last sync time -- might be reason
> for difference)
> --
> [ 5 (of 10) differences probably due to file modifications after the
> last upload ]
> Differences: 10 (3 dirs excluded, 4 files excluded)
>
> FAILURE: Condition [compareReturnValue == 1*256] failed at
> testbbackupd.cpp(845)
> FAILURE: Condition [compareReturnValue == 1*256] failed at
> testbbackupd.cpp(849)
> Rename files
> waiting: ............Local file 'testfiles/TestDir1/continousupdate'
> does not exist, but store file '/Test1/continousupdate' does.
> Local file 'testfiles/TestDir1/df324' does not exist, but store file
> '/Test1/df324' does.
> --
> [ 9 (of 16) differences probably due to file modifications after the
> last upload ]
> Differences: 16 (3 dirs excluded, 4 files excluded)
>
> FAILURE: Condition [compareReturnValue == 1*256] failed at
> testbbackupd.cpp(859)
> Create a file with timestamp to way ahead in the future
> waiting: ............
> [ 0 (of 0) differences probably due to file modifications after the last
> upload ]
> --
> 00000052 -d---- 1970-01-01T00:00:00 0000000000000000
> Test1/renamed-dir/dsfsfdslkjfkdsjf
> 00000053 f----- 2006-02-21T11:23:27 6c56ee3b9bb9e1e8 Test1/fileaftermarker
>
> FAILED: 4 tests failed
> --------
> bbackupd: FAILED: 4 tests failed

The bbackupquery return code is 512, and not 256, in every failure. I
will debug this, but is there a key to the return codes?

I ran the bbackupd tests in release mode, just for laughs, and all tests
pass, and the return code from bbackupquery is 256 in the tests that
failed in debug mode.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561