[Box Backup-dev] COMMIT r311 - box/trunk/lib/common

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 22:38:47 GMT 2006

On 8 Jan 2006, at 22:31, Martin Ebourne wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 21:29 +0000, subversion at fluffy.co.uk wrote:
>> Author: ben
>> Date: 2006-01-08 21:29:21 +0000 (Sun, 08 Jan 2006)
>> New Revision: 311
>>
>> Modified:
>>    box/trunk/lib/common/BoxPlatform.h
>> Log:
>> Quick hack to stop attempting to intercept clib functions on
>> Darwin, pending autoconf test
>
> What is the issue here? There's still quite a bit of darwin specific
> stuff in intercept.cpp. Is this dead now?

Yes. I deleting a load of gumph which generated a load of things in
assembler, but forgot to remove it all from intercept.cpp.

> Can the autoconf check be as
> simple as test for syscall()?

Unfortunately no. Darwin has syscall, but I couldn't get it to work
for some reason, and just resorted to a load of assembler which
stopped working with OS 10.4. I will have another go at it sometime,
but given that the code is tested on other platforms and there's
nothing platform specific there, I thought the time better spent
elsewhere. There are probably some silly tricks I can play with the
dynamic linker, the shared library approach I mentioned earlier.