[Box Backup-dev] Thinking of the future...

Stefan Norlin boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 10:03:59 GMT 2006

> * Web application framework
>
> This is a bit of a "version one learning experience", but it's a load
> of perl which writes C++ which complies into a standalone HTTP
> server. Basically, it writes all the boring boilerplate code for
> forms, internationalisation, and data binding to database queries.
> Could be used for writing a nice cross-platform UI for bbackupd/
> bbackupquery. Not perfect, but usable, if a bit weird to get into.
>
> As a side effect, there's a nice library for writing your own HTTP
> server and handling form data, perhaps useful as the basis of an
> inter-process comms thingy.

IMHO it would be great to have a SOAP interface (or similar) in
order to have a platform independent API which could be used for
easy integration into existing (web or other) applications.

To me that would even greater than a "complete" web interface,
but maybe not for everyone... However, it could be used for adding
a more ready to run UI on top of it.

Regards,
Stefan