[Box Backup-dev] Windows branch

Pascal Lalonde boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 13:50:58 BST 2006

Ben Summers wrote:

> I'm a little concerned that the Windows branch is diverging
> significantly, and will require a lot of effort to review and merge. I'd
> like to catch and resolve the problem before it's too late.
 >
 > Any thoughts?

If I may state my opinion, I too find that it would be a good thing to
have one official tree where you can get a stable version that works for
either *nix or Win32. It gets a little confusing as to what
version/revision/branch to use when it comes to win32. I'm in no
position to tell anyone what to do, but there are still issues with
basic things like compare and error reporting that are unresolved. Am I
the only one worried about this? Anyone running scheduled compares
should notice pretty soon (I run compare -a -q on every host, once a
week). By the way, don't neglect compares, they might save you.

Pascal