[Box Backup-dev] building on win32

Nick Knight boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 22:29:16 BST 2006

Hello Chris,

I have some of the >2GB stuff working, I think it may have worked and
got broken somewhere. It appears that stat on linux and probably other
platforms support filesize of > 2GB, but under windoze the posix
implementation is < 2GB only.

Although the functions where there to use emu_stat and so on, it was
using the MS structure to store information. Box itself has enough space
for the size it was just returning it from stat.

Got it using its own version now and it backed up ok.

Compare -aq now barfs so I will look at that as well.

Rather interesting behaviour to watch out for, it backed up a large file
- or part of it when it had the numbers wrong, and when you do a compare
-aq it comes back quite happy, I suppose the same dodgy file size was
being generated in both.

When I did the distribution from MSVC 2003 the whole installer was only
around 900k, so not sure where you get the 8M from, but I haven't looked
at 2005 yet, I still don't think it has been around long enough yet.

Nick