[Box Backup-dev] configure script not setting large file support?

Nick Knight boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 08:54:32 BST 2006

Hello all,

The large file issue I have on the server at the moment seems to be
because -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 is not being added to the g++ compiler
options, or I cannot find any evidence of it.=20

Bbstored appears capable of reading and writing to large files - i.e. it
can write the original large file, but it makes use of the type off_t,
This type is used to hold the size of files and probably a lot of other
things.=20

I compiled a little program with to get sizeof(off_t) which returns 4
without the compiler flag and 8 with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 set.

My knowledge of bash is minimal so I am struggling with the configure
script, so can someone give me a few pointers?

Thanks

Nick