[Box Backup-dev] question about the config file

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 18:33:27 BST 2006

Oh, I see.

What I had imagined was template class StreamThrottled<typename
Base>, possibly in lib/server rather than lib/common. This has an
additional SetThrottle(int BytesPerSecond) method which sets the
bandwidth it should use. Write() is overloaded, and keeps track of
how many bytes to send, and nanosleeps if necessary.

Add a config option in BackupClientConfigVerify.cpp. If the option is
present, then BackupClientContext::GetConnection creates a throttled
object, StreamThrottled<SocketStreamTLS>, instead of the normal
object. It can get at the config file via mrDaemon.GetConfiguration().

I think putting the throttling into the Socket classes is just messy.

Ben