[Box Backup-dev] observation with client side cached state file

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jul 26 11:24:06 BST 2006

On 26 Jul 2006, at 01:27, G. wrote:

>> However, if nothing changed on the client, then bbackupd wouldn't
>> have contacted the store and so wouldn't have learnt of the change.
>
> If that is the case, it would be beneficial to modify bbackupd to
> check the marker before it tries
> to run a cycle (to be on the safe side).

So you're suggesting that the daemon connects at the beginning of
every sync, at the very least?

This is only going to be a problem if the files on the client never
change or change very infrequently. Should we be worried about this
scenario?

One of the design criteria for the system is that you trust the
server to keep hold of your encrypted data (but that's the only trust
you put in it).