[Box Backup-dev] Where to put my bug fixes?

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 15:40:51 BST 2006

Ben Summers <ben at fluffy.co.uk> wrote:
> We do sort of have branches for different kinds of work, it's just
> they're named by individuals at the moment. Suggestions for better ways
> of working welcomed.

That worked fairly well initially because there were several people
with several changes each, and all had been worked on individually.

It still works well where people are doing their own change or
creating scratch branches for playing with.

It becomes suboptimal when people start sharing branches or if there's
a major branch being worked on (eg. Chris's windows dev). Maybe there
could be a different way of marking 'blessed' branches. Keeping
'personal' branches in subdirs by name but under a /branches directory
and putting main branches directly at that level could work.

Cheers,

Martin.