[Box Backup-dev] Makefile.extra?

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 23:15:48 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 22:08 +0000, James O'Gorman wrote:
> Here's my latest set of patches. All done against SVN, I used autoconf
> to configure the perl scripts instead of makebuildenv.pl, and a #define
> is created in BoxConfig.h for the cpp file. Hopefully this should do the
> trick!
>
> Also reattached the script for renaming all the relevant files to .in

I've been thinking about this, and substituting all the Makefile.extras
is unnecessary. Instead just change them in place to use $(PERL). Then
change makebuildenv.pl to write PERL = /.../perl into the Makefiles when
it generates them. That will reduce the impact of this change quite a
bit.

Also you've still got one cpp file being substituted:
test/backupstorefix/testbackupstorefix.cpp.in

Apart from that, it all looks correct to me. I don't really like having
all those files substituted, but can't think of a better way. If you can
make those fixes & assuming Ben's happy with it then I'll commit the
change.

Cheers,

Martin.