[Box Backup-dev] [Doc] Pulling fluffy.co.uk documentation into DocBook

Per Thomsen boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 15:16:58 GMT 2006

On 3/9/06 12:25 AM, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 14:09 -0800, Per Thomsen wrote:
>
>> I was sorta hoping that Xalan or Saxon would make it easy. And the idea
>> would be to convert to static HTML, not use an XSLT stylesheet
>> dynamically. I don't want a server to have to have mod_xslt (or whatever
>> it's called) installed to serve Box Docs.
>>

> No, I wasn't suggesting using an XSLT transform dynamically, but a
> cascading style sheet. They are much easier to work with and are done by
> the browser not the web server, so need no special support. Google for
> css and the like.

It was my plan to use CSS as well. It appeared (possibly wrongly) that
the transformation from DocBook to HTML would be done more easily with
XSLT, than anything else.

The HTML document produced from the transformation should use CSS.

I think we're saying the same thing, but I was unsure about the DocBook
-> HTML conversion process. I'll find out how to do it...

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561