[Box Backup-dev] [Doc] Autoconf/automake/aclocal help...

Per Thomsen boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Mar 25 20:22:39 GMT 2006

All,
I have been busy lately, so I only got time last night to sit down and
start looking at the makefiles, etc. for the documentation project.

Is there any documentation available on what is the best way to
integrate the documentation into the build environment?

I would like to be able to release completed docs in the source
distribution (ie. the 0.10 tarball), so folks don't have to have DocBook
XSL, and xsltproc installed (although most distros I looked at do
include it) to build Box.

So, the doc stuff could be a separate makefile, not tied to autoconf,
etc., and only be invoked by those who want to change the docs. Then
when it's time to build the release, the documentation tarball is
created, and stuffed into the release.

Of course, installation of the docs would still need to be a part of the
makefiles.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561