[Box Backup-dev] Trac 0.10?

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 23:49:20 BST 2006

Hi James,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, James O'Gorman wrote:

>> Another thing is the login appears to be done by IP address not cookie
>> (or maybe both?). The IP address is awkward because it means you get
>> logged out every other page with load balanced proxies.
>
> Ugh. I think I had noticed that but hadn't paid much attention to it.
> I'll try and have a look into that. (I think it's basically just
> htpasswd - does htpasswd normally do this?)

htpasswd does not. The browser will send the username and password to the
server with every request after you've logged in.

Trac does set a "trac_auth" cookie in the browser, so I think the
authentication is not as simple as htpasswd (i.e. trac has some "clever"
ideas about what to do with users authenticated by the server).