[Box Backup-dev] Trac spam

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 12:19:17 BST 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:52:15 +0100, James O'Gorman wrote:

> I'll leave this one up to the "real" users (I'm happy to do either) -
> would people prefer to have an extra plugin to remove the spam or
> disable user self-registration?

I vote for disabling user self-registration, with a big notice
explaining why and promising to create accounts promptly. This solves
the problem and doesn't require people to do extra work because of
spammers.

I don't think we get enough new users for this to be a problem. When
we do, let's revisit the issue.