[Box Backup-dev] New member

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 22:37:36 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 06:17 +0200, Pieter De Wit wrote:
> As you guys might have seen I am new to the list. I came across
> Boxbackup while digging around for something else in Gentoo's portage. I
> have some spare time and thought that I could contrib. that to the
> project, since it's something that I have wanted to do but I keep
> putting it off.

Pieter, welcome!

It's great to see new people involved, doubly great if they can program,
and double again if they have free time!

> I would like to share the knowledge that I have collected from that with
> Boxbackup. I have browsed over the source code, and although c++ is
> "fairly" new to me I have some base in it (all the code above was done
> in good old c) As you could have guessed by now, I would like to spend
> time on the networking code and see (if) I can assist there.

The first thing to do is familiarise yourself with some of the code.
Start by checking it out from subversion, instructions here:

http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/wiki/SourceCodeRepository

Use that to grab the tree from this branch:

http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/merge

Coding style is here: