[Box Backup-dev] Config file wrong BackupLocation: no notice, no backup

Andreas Schrafl boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 13:18:46 GMT 2007

On OpenBSD and Windows, when one has configured (misspelled or deleted
later on) a BackupLocation directory or file (for example an exception
that shoudn't be backuped and then got deleted), bbackupd will quietly
not run.

you don't get any information and nothing get's backuped. Since there is
no notice this can go quiet long and nothing new get's into the backup.

There would be several approaches to this:

Inform the user. If this is done by email or notice popup (Windows,
since usually you don't have any other way to notice the user there),
the user has to be informed.

Neglect the failing line. This would let bbackupd just ignore a line
that doesn't work or even the superline of the specific BackupLocation.
Anyway the goal would be the get as much into the backup as is possible.

So this are my 42 Cents on this issue, perhaps you agree because I've
got no idea how to implement this (or I've got ideas but much to much
respect from your code to mess with it).

Thanks for your great work
Andy