[Box Backup-dev] Running bbackupd client from "trunk" on Mac OS X

Dominik Herrmann boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 19:39:11 GMT 2007

Hi,

I checked out the svn trunk and was able to ./configure and make it.

After I had edited the config file, successfully added a new account to
my boxbackup server and processed the CSR, I tried to start the client.

It immediately fails with the following error in the log:

Jan 21 18:43:53 sleeky bbackupd[15480]: Starting daemon (config:
/Users/dh/Library/boxbackup/etc/bak1/bbackupd.conf) (version trunk_1269)

Jan 21 18:43:53 sleeky bbackupd[15480]: bbackupd: terminating due to
exception Server TLSLoadTrustedCAsFailed (3/27)

I looked up the location in the source code. Apparently it tries to load
serverCA.pem - which should be perfectly readable at the location
specified in the config file.

Has anyone of you encountered this problem before? I would appreciate
any comments or ideas?

BTW: I am running OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006

Best regards,
Dominik