[Box Backup-dev] Question about bbstored pid

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Jul 1 10:22:49 BST 2007

Hi James,

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007, James O'Gorman wrote:

>>  chris/merge already does this, you can probably just copy the code from
>>  infrastructure/makebuildenv.pl.in. (where it creates "t" and "t-gdb")
>
> Ah, sorry, I missed that! Is Perl's kill() portable? I was going to use
> kill(1) for Unix and a WMI script for Windows.

I think it is portable, but it doesn't matter because the tests only run
on Windows under Cygwin, and we have kill(1) there.

> I think I'll delve into your branch a bit further so I don't step on any
> more toes :-)

No toes damaged, just want to avoid duplication of effort :-)

I don't think there's much point developing on trunk at the moment, since
chris/merge is getting more testing and is ultimately the branch which
will become 0.11. Anything added to trunk but not to chris/merge risks
being lost in the 0.11 release, or less well tested.