[Box Backup-dev] Problems compiling on Solaris 10

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 17:04:40 BST 2007

On 27 Jun 2007, at 16:54, James O'Gorman <james at netinertia.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone got had any problems or got any tips for compiling Box on
> Solaris 10 (SPARC)?
>
> I've currently got a Netra T1 sitting around doing... not a lot, so
> thought I'd run the Box tests on there while I'm doing stuff on
> FreeBSD
> too and I can't even get it to compile at the moment!

I'm running 0.10 on Solaris Express Developer Edition 5/07. I had
issues with the OpenSSL installed by default as it's the one with the
bug which causes blowfish encryption to fail. (And is fixed in their
source repository.)

I solved it by using the OpenSSL from Blastwave, which does work. My
configure line was

./configure --with-ssl-headers=/opt/csw/include/openssl --with-ssl-
lib=/opt/csw/lib LDFLAGS="-R /opt/csw/lib" --prefix=/opt/boxbackup

and it did actually pass the tests. The -R ... bit is necessary to
force the runtime linker to choose the blastwave version, not the
system version.

This is on x86 and a later version, so your milage will vary.

Ben