[Box Backup-dev] Problems compiling on Solaris 10

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 18:35:04 BST 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 05:04:40PM +0100, Ben Summers wrote:
>  I'm running 0.10 on Solaris Express Developer Edition 5/07. I had issues
>  with the OpenSSL installed by default as it's the one with the bug which
>  causes blowfish encryption to fail. (And is fixed in their source
>  repository.)
>
>  I solved it by using the OpenSSL from Blastwave, which does work.

Ah, OK. Are you using the stable or the unstable tree? I'm drafting a
page for the wiki with all this information.

>  My configure line was
>
>  ./configure --with-ssl-headers=/opt/csw/include/openssl
>  --with-ssl-lib=/opt/csw/lib LDFLAGS="-R /opt/csw/lib"
>  --prefix=/opt/boxbackup
>
>  and it did actually pass the tests. The -R ... bit is necessary to
>  force the runtime linker to choose the blastwave version, not the
>  system version.

Ouch. Might it be a good idea that we require people to install the
Blastwave version of OpenSSL for Solaris versions <= 10 and have
autoconf (or something) produce the right flags automagically?

>  This is on x86 and a later version, so your milage will vary.

I'll report back how I get on with the SPARC version.

Thanks,

James