[Box Backup-dev] Re: Problems compiling on Solaris 10

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 15:11:31 BST 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 01:43:48PM +0100, Ben Summers wrote:

>  Forgot to mention. Unstable tree.

Ironically, I couldn't get the stable tree to work (using mirror.ac.uk
anyway).

> > Ouch. Might it be a good idea that we require people to install the
> > Blastwave version of OpenSSL for Solaris versions <= 10 and have
> > autoconf (or something) produce the right flags automagically?
>
>  I don't know. It should just work with the OpenSSL, but we don't with the
>  latest version because of a bug there. I got the EVPFinalFailure one, not a
>  crash, so you've got a different issue. I feel this is a temporary fix for
>  the problem, which should go away when the Solaris OpenSSL is upgraded.

Either way I've added a page to the wiki called "CompilingOnSolaris"
with a rough guide on adding the right Blastwave packages and your
configure line.

>  I have a SPARC box running Solaris 10 U3, so I might give it a go there too
>  if you don't have any success.

I've managed to get it building now, using your configure line. I've had
a couple of unit test failures too, but I'm re-running it just in case
(which isn't terribly quick on an 500MHz UltraSPARC IIe...)

I've also found various problems with FreeBSD but I'll drop a separate
email about that later.

James