[Box Backup-dev] Fw: Re: [Box Backup] Type 'cd <module_dir>; make' to build a module ?

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 12:27:39 BST 2007

Oops, meant to send this to -dev!

----- Forwarded message from James O'Gorman <james at netinertia.co.uk> -----

From: James O'Gorman <james at netinertia.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Box Backup] Type 'cd <module_dir>; make' to build a module ?
To: boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:26:18 +0100

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 12:15:59PM +0100, James O'Gorman wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 12:32:34PM +0200, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
> > Hello...
> >
> > After having run ./configure when compiling boxbackup you get the message:
> > Type 'cd <module_dir>; make' to build a module
> >
> > It is unclear, to me, what directory this would be.
[snip]
> > Maybe the message could be improved?
>
> It can probably be removed altogether - I suspect not many people (other
> than developers) build the individual modules.

As an aside, this has just reminded me of something that bugs me a
little - to build just the client or just the server you have to specify
the path to the parcel as the make target (e.g. make
parcels/boxbackup_$release_client_$os.tgz), whereas with the install
targets we have nice, friendly "install-backup-client" and
"install-backup-server" targets.

If I submitted a ticket with a patch to create a more friendly build
target, would it likely be accepted?

James
----- End forwarded message -----