[Box Backup-dev] Question about bbstored pid

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 22:42:26 BST 2007

I'm trying to extend the test suite to ensure that all bbstored
processes are killed off if they haven't terminated at the end of the
test.

When I './runtest.pl backupstore debug', I see a bbstored.pid file
created in debug/test/backupstore/testfiles/bbstored.pid, but 'pgrep
bbstored' shows more than one process (the main bbstored, a housekeeping
process and any client connections).

Are the other processes just forks of what's in bbstored.pid, and would
just killing off that process kill all others?

Thanks,

James